Every day find here my selection of Great British men and women born on this day.
- Birth date
- 1763 : George Morland (1763–1804) Painter
- 1817 : Patrick Branwell Brontë (1817-1848)
- 1824 : William Thomson, Baron Kelvin (1824–1907) Mathematician, physicist and inventor
- 1831 : John Henry Chamberlain (1831–1883) Architect
- 1834 : Walter Bentley Woodbury (1834–1885) Photographer and inventor of the woodburytype process
- 1866 : George Edward Stanhope Molyneux Herbert, 5th Earl of Carnarvon (1866–1923) Sportsman, egyptologist and photographer
- 1874 : Frederick Burnand ('Fred') Fenwick (1874–1961) Department store owner
- 1914 : Laurence Edward Alan ('Laurie') Lee (1914–1997) Poet and prose writer
- 1919 : Freddie Mills (1919–1965) Boxer
- 1952 : Olive Morris (1952–1979) Political activist
The weekly digest
Subscribe to receive a week ahead these selections and additionally 20% off the price of my print Great British Women born on this day.